Our lawyers have a wide range of experience and expertise in real estate law. Therefore, we understand and can respond to the business needs of our Clients from the real estate sector, offering innovative and simple legal solutions, and can provide legal advice on all stages of the property life cycle.
We skillfully combine the experience and know-how gained by our lawyers while working for the biggest international law companies with a great attention to details, as quality is our priority.
Our advice covers all types of real estate: office, logistics, commercial, hotel, residential and industrial. Our Clients are mainly local and foreign developers, investment funds, entities investing in the real estate market, institutional investors, construction companies, real estate management companies, and tenants.
You are welcome to see our description of the property life cycle, where you will find details regarding services we provide in the real estate sector at all stages of the investment, on the seller’s and buyer’s side, as well as for any other entities participating in preparing and operating a project. Followingo our affiliation with TPA Poland our Clients may also benefit from tax and financial services as part of our transaction advice.
Property life cycle
1. Real estate acquisition
- Structuring the transaction from the legal perspective (asset deal, share deal, enterprise sale) and signing the engagement letter with the seller
- Legal due diligence
- Assistance in drafting, negotiating and signing the transaction documentation
- Assistance in signing the bank loan term sheet
- Assistance in negotiation and execution of the bank or intercompany loan agreement and security agreements thereunder
- Assistance in fulfilling the terms and conditions of loan payment
- Assistance in negotiation and execution of agreements with architects, with the general contractor and with the project manager
- Assistance in obtaining all permits necessary for the project (in particular zoning decision, water permit, environmental decision and building permit) from the relevant authorities
- Ongoing legal assistance in proper execution of agreements with architects and general contractors
- ongoing legal assistance in fulfillment of the terms stipulated in construction permits (e.g. establishment of easements, obtaining respective opinions)
- Preparation of the standard form lease agreement based on the Client’s business needs and market practice
- Negotiation and assistance in execution of lease agreements and related agreements (e.g. for fit-out works)
- Review of securities established by tenants under lease agreements
5. Property management
- Negotiation of and assistance in execution of the property management agreement
- Day-to-day assistance in various matters related to proper operation of the project:
- Obtaining all necessary decisions
- Negotiating annexes to existing lease agreements and assisting in re-letting lease space
- Advice in case of any disputes with the tenants
- Assistance in execution of other civil law agreements required for or connected to proper operation of the investment (e.g. tenancy, easements, marketing agreements)
- Drafting and negotiating the engagement letter with the buyer
- Structuring the transaction from the legal perspective (asset deal, share deal, enterprise sale)
- Assistance during due diligence conducted by the buyer and assistance in solving identified issues
- Preparation and negotiation of transaction documentation
- Assistance in obtaining and negotiating title insurance and R&W insurance
- Assistance in fulfilling the pre-closing and post-closing obligations
- Support in transaction settlement