The main goal of our team of experienced lawyers is delivering practical solutions to legal problems that our clients – the employers – might have on each stage of their business activities. We provide legal assistance in the area of individual and collective employment law.
Cooperation with our other teams guarantees a thorough understanding of our clients’ business goals and results in delivering well-thought and most adequate products in the area of employment law.
We have experience in assisting employers of different sizes (ranging from up-and-coming start-ups to renowned international companies) operating in various markets.
Please see our description of the employment life cycle, where you will find details regarding services we provide in the area of employment law, beginning with the process of starting your business until employment termination. Close cooperation with our partner TPA Poland, which is also a member of the Baker Tilly International network and provides, i.a., payroll, accounting and tax services, guarantees comprehensive solutions to our clients – employers.
Employment life cycle
1. Starting your business
- Assistance in employment structuring (in particular on the basis of available forms of employment and working-time systems)
- Advisory on the choice of preferable forms of employment tailored to the needs of the clients (employment or civil-law contracts)
- Introducing our clients to atypical forms of employment (i.e. civil-law contracts, temporary employment)
- Drafting employer’s internal regulations (work regulations, remuneration regulations, social fund regulations, health and safety regulations etc.)
- Drafting and negotiating all types of contracts
- Assistance with hiring key employees & members of governing bodies (including contract drafting and negotiating)
- Drafting and negotiating non-compete agreements (applicable during and post-employment)
- Drafting and negotiating non-solicitation agreements
3. On-going legal assistance
- Ongoing legal assistance with organization of work & working time systems
- Preparation of remuneration and bonus systems as well as motivation programs
- Advisory on employees’ personal data protection
- Assistance with issues regarding social insurance (ZUS)
- Advice on employees’ monitoring and protection of the employer’s property
- Assistance with relations with trade unions, works councils and employee representatives
- Litigation and dispute resolution (representation of employers before courts and other entities)
- Legalization of work and stay of foreigners in Poland
4. Employment restructuring
- Assistance with individual & group redundancies
- Transfer of undertaking (i.a., as a result of M&A transactions)
- Legal due diligence of the employers
5. Employment termination
- Assistance in carrying out liquidation of the employer
- Assistance in terminating employment relationships (including protected employees or higher management)